Campervan holidays are a wonderful way to experience the best Australia has to offer. In addition to saving money on accommodation, a campervan gives you freedom explore the great outdoors and travel at your leisure. Today’s blog post contains a list of our customer- recommended popular activities.
Activities at the Camper Van
When you hire a campervan in Australia, you can set up camp anywhere you like. Many customers choose a mixture of holiday park stays and designated national park campsite stays. Wherever you find yourself, take time to enjoy the following activities.
- Write a travel journal (you can even write these online if you have mobile internet facilities)
- Light a campfire
- Cook a campfire meal
- Go for a walk
- Forage for treasure – leaves, flowers, etc. Why note make crafts from the things you find?
- Gaze at the stars
- Make the most of holiday park facilites – pool, park, etc.
- Swimming – at the beach, or in rivers, streams and waterholes depending on the location.
- Water Sports – surfing, scuba diving, snorkelling, canoeing/kayaking.
- Hiking – specially created bushwalks, such as Western Australia’s Bibbulmun Track are equipped with shelters along the track. You can complete portions of the walks (which should take a few hours), or complete the trail (allow days or weeks depending on the trail).
- Fishing – you should double-check with the tourist bureau at every town to make sure you don’t fish illegally.
- Tasting local produce (cheese, olive oil, etc.)
Hiring a campervan in Australia is an easy, fun and cost-effective holiday alternative to traditional hotel accommodation. Give us a call today and we’ll be happy to recommend the best vehicle – and most popular activities for you to enjoy.